Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Paul's Ditch (08/25/2013)

What a forlorn past week this was!  Most of you know Elder Evans, and I got transferred last Sunday.  Elder Evans got transferred to The Village, Oklahoma, which is just northwest of OKC.  He got assigned to my MTC companion, Elder Hoddy.  I got assigned to Pauls Valley South, with is located in Sulphur, Oklahoma.  My new companion is from Hawaii, named Elder Kahawaii.  My new area is now a branch, and we cover Murray County and part of Garvin County.  The best part?  Elder Kahawaii doesn't have his license, so I get to drive!!  We have a sweet Toyota Corolla that's ALL.  MINE.  I wish.  We are one of three sets of missionaries in the Pauls Valley Branch.  There's us two, there's a set in the actual town of Pauls Valley, and we have a senior couple also living in Pauls Valley across the street from the church.  Elder and Sister Fairbourn are actually from Draper!  Oddly enough, Elder Fairbourn was a substitute teacher at Bingham, so I totally recognized him!  It was good to talk with them and get to know them.  Who knew senior missionaries could be so much fun?

Again, this week was kinda dead in terms of missionary work.  Monday was our P-day, and I said goodbye to all the Norman Zone missionaries.  I am now in Duncan Zone, which covers the bottom central chunk of Oklahoma.  It's a widespread area, so we only do zone P-days once a month.  Monday and Tuesday were basically packing and getting pictures with the ward members.  That's all we had time for, and we were still packing Wednesday, the day of transfers.  Wednesday was long. Transfers were great, especially seeing Elder Hoddy, Elder Martin, and all the other missionaries!  I met my new companion, and holy cow, I love this guy!  He's so funny, loving, and helpful.  He's been out for 15 months, so he's had some experience, and he was totally understanding of my situation. We've had a lot of fun together so far. Soooooo he really likes to sing. He also really likes it when others sing with him. I think my family will croak when they find out I will be singing with him to members and investigators! We'll see if anything happens.

Last Saturday Elder Kahawaii and I had the opportunity to go back to my old area and witness the baptism of the John and Cesia! The baptismal service was really neat, and almost all the missionaries in the Norman Zone were there! It was good to see them and the new missionaries that took our spot in Purcell. Elder Evans was there with Elder Hoddy, so that made for a mixed reunion of sorts. Elder Hoddy wanted to talk to me about things that went on with Elder Evans. It was amazing to see him once again and to help him out. I'm sure gonna miss Norman Zone. For now, back to Pauls Ditch! Seriously guys I've come to discover that I'm a city boy! Anyway, hopefully missionary work will resume this next week!



With love,

Elder Garner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment